School Wide Positive Behaviour Support Program
The purpose of the School Wide Positive Behaviour Support Program at Stella Maris is to maximise individual, academic and social growth by fostering and supporting respectful, responsible and resilient behaviours in our community.
SWPBS is about:
- Emphasising and teaching positive behaviour expectations
- Improving classroom and school climate
- Decreasing reactive management
- Maximising academic achievement
- Integrating academic and behaviour initiatives
Our guidelines for success are RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY and RESILIENCE across the school.
A Behaviour Matrix is used in each classroom to explicitly teach our expectations.